We invite all qualified practitioners to join our vibrant and active STEP New York branch and take advantage of all that the global STEP network has to offer.
Please note that as of February 1, 2018, new STEP membership criteria goes into effect. Of particular significance, the new criteria includes several categories of membership. The key membership levels are listed below; additional membership categories, including Retired, Emeritus, and Student statuses, are explained on the STEP Worldwide website: https://www.step.org/categories.
As before, only Full Members of STEP may make use of the TEP designation and STEP logo to enhance their profile in the industry and promote their specialist knowledge to both clients and colleagues.
Full Membership – Eligibility – Three Options
2. Members who have completed the Essay Route to membership and have successfully applied to upgrade to TEP, Full membership of STEP; or
3. Senior practitioners who have successfully applied for the Expertise Route to gain TEP, Full membership of STEP.
Full STEP Membership entitles you to use the letters TEP (Trust and Estate Practitioner) after your name.
Associate Membership – Eligibility – Two Options
2. Members who have completed one essay while enrolled on the Essay Route to membership.
Associate Members can use the term ‘STEP Associate’ on their CV, business cards, stationery and email signature. There are no post nominal or letters for this membership category.
STEP Affiliate – Eligibility – Three Options
1. Applicants who have obtained 60 credits via the Exam Route; or
2. Applicants who have been approved for membership based on Approved Prior Learning (APL); or
3. Applicants who are enrolled on the Essay Route.
Affiliate Members can use the term ‘STEP Affiliate’ on their CV, business cards, stationery and email signature. There are no post nominal or letters for this membership category.
The membership application is available online here.
Please submit all application forms to:
STEP Membership Department
Artillery House (South)
11 – 19 Artillery Row
London SW1P 1RT
Additional Qualifications and Learning Opportunities
Via STEP Worldwide, members may also pursue additional education via STEP’s certificates, advanced certificates, and diplomas. Details on those programs are available on STEP Worldwide’s website here.