December 2: Webinar: Protection of Investments During Uncertain Times & International Investment Agreements
12:00 to 1:00 PM. 1 CLE
- Foreign Direct Investment Risks – What risks do investors face when entering a new jurisdiction?
- International Investment Agreements (IIAS) – What are these and what are the protections provided?
- Jurisdictional and admissibility requirements under IIAs
- Government interference in the age of Covid-19
- Taking advantage of IIAs
- Costs of investment arbitration
Damian Vallejo is a dispute resolution attorney with experience in civil and common-law legal systems. He focuses his practice on international investment arbitration, public international law, international commercial arbitration and commercial litigation. He represents companies, states and individuals in investment treaty and international commercial arbitrations conducted under the major international arbitration rules (ICSID, UNCITRAL, ICC, ICDR, etc.) and advises clients on public international law matters, including the structuring of investments under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties. Damián also represents clients on commercial disputes and advises on arbitration-related litigation matters and the enforcement and challenge of domestic and foreign arbitral awards. He also acts as due diligence counsel in litigation finance and investments arising out of legal and regulatory special situations.